Follow the key steps and screenshots below.
Log in to eStudent
To log into eStudent:
- Go to https://eStudent.insearch.edu.au
- Enter your UTS Student ID and password and click ‘Log In’ .
- Read the Student Declaration and click ‘OK’.
- Your UTS Insearch eStudent Homepage will display the following information:
(a) UTS Insearch Contact Details
(b) Sanction information (if applicable).
- If you have sanctions they will appear in red at the top of the Homepage:
(a) Please follow the instructions carefully
(b) Some sanctions, such as unpaid fees, will block your enrolment.
Check/update personal details
To check or update your personal details:
- Click the ‘Personal Details’ tab on the top menu bar.
- Click ‘Edit’ on the top left.
- Change any details that are not correct.
- Click ‘Save’ on the top left.
- The click ‘Publish’ on the top left.
Enrol in a program
To begin your enrolment:
- Click the ‘Enrolment’ on the top menu bar.
- Select ‘My Programs’ from the side menu. All Admitted Programs will show.
- Click ‘Select’ to choose the Program you are enrolling into.
The subjects available for you to enroll in are highlighted on the next page that displays. Please make sure you scroll to the bottom of the screen to view all available subjects. To select the subjects you want to enrol in:
- Click the box on the right next to all the subjects you want to select.
- Click ‘Enrol’ at the bottom of the page.
- The ‘Potential Enrolment List’ screen will display with the subjects you have chosen.
- If you do not wish to enrol in a subject, click the box on the right next to that subject to un‐tick it.
- If you wish to select other subjects, click ‘Go Back/Change’ at the bottom of the page.
- This will bring you back to the ‘Program Details’ screen where you can choose your subjects again.
- If you wish to continue with enrolment, click ‘Confirm Enrolment’ at the bottom of the page.
To select the classes you want to enrol in: 1.
After you have clicked ‘Confirm Enrolment’, the ‘Student Timetable > Class Timetable’ page displays with the
(a) All Classes Registered (Green)
(b) Some Classes Registered (Yellow)
(c) No Classes Registered (Red). 2.
To see the different activities that you need to register in for each class, click the plus (+) sign beside each subject. 3.
To register into a class, click ‘Register’ on the right of the screen. 4.
You will be automatically registered into a class if there is only one occurrence of that class, for example, if there is
only one lecture, you will automatically be allocated to that lecture. 5.
The next screen shows all activities for the subject and you can:
(a) Hover the mouse over ‘one of the choices’ or a class to see the different class options
(b) Make sure you hide full classes by selecting ‘Hide Full Classes’. 6.
If ‘Unavailable?’ appears above a class, this either means:
(a) You have already registered in a class of the same activity
(b) It clashes with a class that you are already registered in, or
(c) You cannot register into that class because it is already full. 7.
Once you have selected all the classes you want, and there is a green plus (+) on the activity you want, click ‘Save’. 8.
The ‘Student Timetable > Class Timetable’ screen will re‐appear, then:
(a) Repeat the process until you have registered in all classes
(b) If you wish to view class details, you can click the plus (+) next to ‘Registration Status’
i. You will need to completely register into classes for all subjects that you have enrolled in
ii. If your class registration is incomplete, UTS Insearch will register you into classes after 4pm on the same day
unless classes are full
iii. This may result in adjustments to your partially completed timetable
iv. Classes that fall on a public holiday will not have a make-up class, instead teaching content will be fitted in to
You may change your class registration while online enrolment is open. Go to the Important Dates
page for information. Note that changing classes means that you possibly may lose your spot in your current class. Please make sure you have clicked on ‘Hide Full Classes’ for a smoother change class process.
- On the Student Timetable>Class Timetable screen, click ‘Change’. Note that the ‘Register’ button will also display if you haven’t completed registration for a subject.
- On the next page, unregister from your class by selecting the red minus (-) button.
- Then, select the class you wish to change into and click ‘Save’.
- The Student Timetable > Class Timetable screen will re‐appear. Repeat the process until you have registered in all classes. If you wish to view class details, click the plus (+) next to ‘Registration Status’.
Class streaming is when classes are linked together, and you need to register into linked classes. Examples of correct registration for class streaming are:
- Workshop A 9 and Workshop B 9
- Lecture/Tutorial A 3 and Lecture/Tutorial B 3
- Class A 1 and Class B 1.
When Class Streaming is in place, you cannot register into linked classes with different numbers. For example, if class streaming is in place you cannot register to:
- Workshop A 9 and Workshop B 7 ×
- Lecture/Tutorial A 3 & Lecture/Tutorial B 1 ×
- Class A 11 & Class B 5 ×.
- To register into a streamed class, select the desired stream from the left side during Class Registration on the Student Timetable > Class Timetable page. Click ‘Save’ to complete your streamed Class Registration.